Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First day of school

I'm gonna be honest...I hate the first day of school for my girls. I miss having them here. I guess I'm not to the point yet where I feel free when they're gone all day. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I still have 3 kids here at home (one of them is the little boy I watch for my friend), or maybe it's because I feel like I have more help when they are here, or that I just love being with them and talking about things with them. I dunno...I just know I don't like it when they're at school.

Anyway, enough about me...this is, after all, their first day of school...not mine. ;) Mike didn't go into work today until 1, so he was able to stay at home and watch the boys while I took the girls to school. We walked there, seeing as how we literally live right across the street from the school. We took Chloe to her class first, and she was the 2nd one to get there. Her teacher asked her if she had any papers or anything in her backpack that she needed to put up (which she didn't) and then told her where to put her backpack. She then walked Chloe over to where she puts her name card in the "hot lunch" or "cold lunch" slot. She put hers in the hot lunch. :) They wanted to buy their lunches today. Chloe then sat down at her desk and started reading a book for her morning work. I gave her a kiss and a hug and told her to have a good day, and we were off to Laney's room. I looked back into her room when we were out in the hallway, and she was just reading away. :) Thank goodness we're past the whole crying thing. I can't take that!! It breaks my heart!
We got to Laney's classroom and she was also the 2nd one there. She did pretty much everything Chloe did and sat down to color a picture for her morning work. I gave her a kiss and a hug and told her to have a good day. She was not excited about going until we got there this morning. I think she was ready to see her friends...she kept talking about which ones were in her class this year. :)
That was it. I walked back home without shedding a tear and resumed my normal every day routine with the boys. They will be riding the bus from now on, so I'm happy I was able to take them today!
We went to the open house last night to meet their teachers and to take all their school supplies in. Here's a few pictures from that...

Chloe sitting in the Reading Hut in her classroom

Here she is with her teacher

Laney and her teacher at open house


And here are the pics from today...


All ready to go!

Isaac snuck in for one pic :)

Morning work time

My 1st grader!

Laney in front of her classroom

Doing her morning work


I was anxious for them to come home to see how their days went. They both said they had good days. They answered my questions in their typical manners...Chloe said she couldn't remember anything and Laney gave me details on everything. That's usually the way it is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails