Thursday, September 4, 2008

Laney's story

We found out we were expecting our first baby on Dec. 8th, 2000, after my dr. called with results from a blood test. It was just a routine blood test to check cholesterol and all that and she said they would test it for pregnancy. She told me she would call the next week with the results, so imagine my surprise when the phone rang the next day and it was my dr. on the other end. We had no idea...we weren't expecting it at all!! Well, of course we were thrilled!!! We found out we were having a girl around the middle of March and we were so excited! I'll admit that I always wanted to have a boy first, but when you see that little face, everything changes and you know that God gave you the exact one you needed.I was set to be induced on my due date, so after 10 hours of labor and 45 minutes of painless pushing (thank you epidural), she was born on August 15th at 6:43pm. She weighed 7lbs. 6oz. and she had some dark brown hair and a very olive complexion. People kept telling me that she kinda looked like a little Indian (Native American :D) baby.I'm so happy I had a girl first!






She was an extremely good baby...smiley and all...and didn't cry hardly ever. She did have a problem with Mike making the sound of a car, however. She would pooch out her bottom lip, and get so upset...it was funny! She's always been a little snuggle bug and still comes up to me and just wants to sit together, or snuggle. She likes to act like a baby, which gets a little annoying at times...and she still sucks on her finger and plays with her hair when she's tired. She is our girly girl and she's a little scholar. She loves school and was in the advanced reading groups last year! She loves to learn!!! Right now she is in karate, and although she sometimes doesn't want to get out of bed (at 7:30 on a Saturday...I mean, who does, right) to go, she loves it and will probably stay in it for a long time! She was in ballet for a little while, and really liked it, so we're thinking about putting her back in it. She's the type that hates to quit...she tries to finish everything she starts. She's very sensitive and has such a soft, kind heart. We were at the store earlier this year when it was still chilly outside, and I didn't have a coat on, and she was so worried about me being cold. She kept asking me if I was okay since I didn't have a coat or jacket or anything. She's such a sweet little girl, and although she does fight with Chloe sometimes, she usually does think about other people first. I hope she keeps her sweet disposition all through life. She's very into animals (especially horses) and says she wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up. :) She's such an awesome big sister and such an amazing help to me! She thinks she's Elijah and Isaac's other mommy...she baby talks to them and tries to calm them down when they're upset. They both love her so much! Her and Chloe are very close and I'm sure they'll be best friends growing up! I love to sneak down the hall and listen to them playing in their room. They say the funniest things when they don't know I'm watching :)





I couldn't imagine my life without my snuggle-bug Laney! I love her so much and every day I'm thankful that she's in my life and that I was blessed to be her mommy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails