Thursday, October 1, 2009

Well hello there, October

I honestly cannot believe how fast this year has gone by!! Where has the time gone, really? It seems like every year goes faster and faster. Does that mean that by the time I'm like 80, a year is gonna be like 2 days long? ;) My grandma turned 88 years old yesterday, and I can remember when she was in her 60's! She has lived with my mom since I was born, so I'm pretty close to her, but lately she's just getting been getting really crabby and pessimistic about everything. Her mind is going pretty fast too. She will ask the same question, literally, like 7 times in a 15 minute period. I feel so sad knowing that every birthday she has could be her last, and every holiday we spend with her could be the last one. Of course, that's true for everyone, but ya know...

Anyway, this month marks 2 extremely special things for us. This will be Isaac's 2nd year of being here with us, and the month that our baby Jett will be born, ! (Lord willing!) While I've said that I'm content to keep him in there for as long as he pleases, it's getting harder and harder with each passing day to think that. I've been so exhausted lately, it's really all I can do to keep my eyes open. Mike has been working some crazy hours, and while I'm so thankful that he's working, let alone getting overtime, I'm just tired of doing everything alone. I don't have enough energy for it. I'm just spent. My mom really has been a great help, but what with Mike's overtime, and his band practice at church, and the girls' karate, and trips to Walmart and the grocery store, and my involvement in Teen MOPS, we haven't had one night at home this whole week. I don't think my kids have taken a bath in like 4 days. Is that horrible? That's just how it's been around here. I don't think he's working late tonight, and we don't have anything planned, and we're pretty stocked up on home essentials, so I'm hoping we get a relaxing evening here tonight! I'm insisting on it!

So while I'm excited for October to be here, I'm sad that everything is going by so fast!

By the way, I will be giving my kids a bath tonight (well, except for Laney...she takes showers). I'll probably have to do it one at a time, since their bath water will most likely look like a mud pit once they're done. ;)
Oh, and um....the video that I posted on youtube of Isaac's birth has reached 39,000 views! Seriously?!? What in the world? Just crazy.

1 comment:

Miss said...

"while I'm so thankful that he's working, let alone getting overtime, I'm just tired of doing everything alone. I don't have enough energy for it. I'm just spent"

AMEN!!! Iam RIGHT there with ya lady! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails