Tuesday, October 6, 2009

37 Weeks ~ FULL TERM!!!!

How far along? 37 weeks! He can come anytime now!

Total weight gain/loss: Around 27 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Yep

Stretch marks? Got 'em

Sleep: It's still pretty bad....I'm trying to focus on the fact that I'll be able to sleep on my stomach in a few weeks, and the horrible numbing sensation in my hands and arms will all go away. Of course, I'll also have a baby to feed every 2-3 hours, but at least it's time I get to snuggle with him instead of just laying there, willing myself back to sleep, like it is now. :)

Best moment this week: Getting to spend a lazy weekend with my husband...we both really needed it!

Movement: He's slowly but surely running out of room. His movements aren't as frequent as they used to be, although, when he does move, he's everywhere!!!

Food cravings: I actually haven't been wanting anything lately...I've been forcing myself to eat...nothing sounds good.

Gender: I'm assuming he's still a boy...should I just keep this answer every week? I'm pretty sure he won't morph into a girl! ;)

Labor Signs: Not a whole lot of contractions...just the bone separating and the sharp shooting pains...you know the kind. ;) I have a feeling he doesn't want out any time soon. My Dr. checked me yesterday and I'm only at a 2...she didn't even mention effacement...I'm assuming it's not a whole lot. His heartrate was in the 150's.

Belly button in or out? It's pretty much stretched out as much as it can get. Mine has never popped, so I'm not expecting it to do it this time either. It's basically just flat.

What I miss: SLEEEEEP...STILL!

What I am looking forward to: Getting his crocheted cocoon in sometime (hopefully this week) so we can take some cute pictures!! :)

Here's what I ordered:




Weekly wisdom: I'm too tired to think...

Milestones: I'm FULL TERM!!!! =)

This was taken a couple days before 37 weeks...






Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

1 comment:

Miss said...

I am coming...right behind you on 37 weeks =)

and that cacoon thing is ADORABLE!!! Oh, so soft and wonderful!

and of course, you look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails