Monday, October 19, 2009

Soon?

I'm feeling a tad bit better today. I just got home from my weekly dr. appointment. When the nurse took my blood pressure, it was a little high, so they had me lay on my left side and took it again and it came down a little, although it's still higher than normal. She said it was probably due to the medicine I've been taking. I saw a different dr. in the practice (who is just as great as my regular dr...who is out of town) and she was able to strip my membranes!!! Last week, I was at 2cm, and his head was way too high for her to do it, but this week, she said that I'm now at a 3 and his head has come way down and is pressing right against my cervix! YAY! Come towards the light baby Jett!!! I'm hoping that with my membranes stripped, I will start contracting soon! Over the weekend, I had a few really hard ones that came about every 7 or 8 minutes, but they would always stop after an hour or two. Now that's annoying! I'm gonna see if Mike will walk around with me a bunch tonight, and do, ya know, other stuff to get things going. ;)
Have any of you every had your membranes stripped? Did it work, and if so, how long did it take for you to go into labor?
I also talked to her about my cold. She doesn't think it's any type of flu since I'm not running a fever, so that's good. She gave me a few other options in medication, so I'm gonna try them tonight, and hopefully they'll work! I need some sleep before this baby arrives! If he wants to come tonight though, that's okay by me too! :D

1 comment:

Miss said...

hey...we are totally on the same page! I had mine stripped about an hour ago =) I am also a 3 and babies head is resting on my cervix...so, its a race =)

I had my membranes stripped with my last baby and I had him that night, but ya never know....if its gonna work it will be within 48 hours of doing so...

maybe our babies will share birthdays! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails