Tuesday, October 20, 2009

39 Weeks! aka: Come out now Jett!

How far along? 39 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I think I gained a pound since last week, so 28lbs. now...

Maternity clothes? Yep

Stretch marks? Got 'em

Sleep: I'm not even gonna comment on this.

Best moment this week: We had a fun weekend with 2 of the 4 kids (Chloe and Elijah) at Crown Center and Kaliedoscope! Laney was with my sister and her daughter...they went to the movies to see Where the Wild Things Are, and Isaac stayed at my mom's house. It's very rare that we have just Chloe and Elijah with us. It was so much fun! We'll probably do a date night (or day) this weekend with Laney and Isaac! That is, if I'm not in the hospital! ;)

Movement: They're very slow...he's pretty squished in there, and now when I cough (which is all.the.time.) I feel like I'm squishing him even more. Poor kid. See Jett?...if you would come outta there, you wouldn't have to deal with Mommy's annoying cough!

Food cravings: Chocolate pudding

Gender: I'm assuming he's still a boy...should I just keep this answer every week? I'm pretty sure he won't morph into a girl! ;)

Labor Signs: I had a few strong contractions last night after she stripped my membranes, but they never really went anywhere. I've been kinda crampy all day, so I dunno...maybe something will happen tonight. Oh well if it doesn't though.

Belly button in or out? It's pretty much stretched out as much as it can get. Mine has never popped, so I'm not expecting it to do it this time either. It's basically just flat.

What I miss: Not coughing!

What I am looking forward to: Meeting him soon!! :)

Weekly wisdom: I'm really trying to enjoy the last few days of being pregnant...forever! Although it feels like he is never ever coming out, I know he will eventually! ;)

Milestones: I swear I can see him practicing his breathing from the outside. I will hold my breath, and I can see my belly move up and down in rhythm. I know it's not my heartbeat, because I'll feel it, and it's not in time with it at all (and it's more shallow and smooth), and it's nothing like hiccups...it's the weirdest thing. Is that a milestone? I don't know...who cares. :)


Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails