Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trip to L&D and 39 week belly pic

Well, it happened. I swore it wouldn't happen and it happened.

I went to the hospital thinking I was in labor, and came home with my belly still full of baby!

I woke up last night around 1:45am with a horrible contraction and got up to use the restroom. I had been sleeping so great up until then (of course). I started to drift back to sleep and low and behold, here comes another one about ten minutes later. I thought to myself that this could possibly be it, since I'd been really crampy all afternoon and evening. Well, I laid there and waited for another one, and sure enough, about 10 minutes later, another one arrived. I got up and got a drink and timed them for the next 40 or or 50 minutes. They were coming constistantly about every 6-10 min.

I've mentioned before that I've never gone into labor on my own with my other kids, so I had no idea what going into labor felt like. I woke Mike up after they were staying regular, and he got into the shower, totally believing this was it!

I called my mom and she came over to stay with the kids, and off we went. Of course, they slowed once we got's like going through the hospital doors is the antidote to contractions.

They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me...still 3cm and 75% effaced. Baby is at a -1 station.

They monitored me for about an hour, and the contractions were about 8-9 minutes apart. The nurse checked me after an hour, and I was still the same. When she checked me, she stripped my membranes again, and holy moly, it HURT that time!!!! Seriously, I was so crampy for about an hour afterwards, and was having alot more bloody show than when the dr. did it in the office on Monday. She told me she really tried to irritate it in there. yeah. it pretty much felt like she was pulling my insides out.

So, they let the dr. on call know what was going on and sent me on my way. The nurse told me that I was in the 1st stage of labor, the part that can last for a few days, and that hopefully after she stripped my membranes, it would speed things along a little bit. She also said that with this being my 5th baby, she thought I'd go in the next day or two.

I went home and went to was around 5am at this point. I woke up around 8, and in those 3 hours, I had a few really painful contractions that woke me up.

When I got up this morning, they were still coming pretty regularly 8-9 minutes apart, but since around noon, they've spaced out more. ughhh... I honestly can't take much more of this. I just wish my water would break so that I wouldn't have any questions of whether I should go in or not.

And of course, now that my whole family knows what is going on, my phone has been ringing off the hook. Like I'm gonna forget to call them if something happens. Hello? They are my babysitters! Trust me, I won't forget!!! =)

I'm gonna order some spicy Mexican food for Mike to pick up on his way home from work, and we're gonna walk and do some more other stuff tonight. ;) I'm quickly running out of patience now. It's not one of my best virtues to begin with...

Come on baby Jett!!! We're so anxious to meet you!

39 weeks...hopefully my last belly shot!


MommaHarms said...

Hope to see some new baby pics very soon Sarah! So exciting!

Miss said...

ditto that with my night last night!!

although, I didn't actually go in...but I called a few times b.c I was convinced I was in labor, it was just taking me forever to get there

but, here I am. Belly full of baby =)

SOON...right? =)


Related Posts with Thumbnails