Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I need an intervention...

...from the show Intervention. I cannot stop watching it! If you've never seen it, it's an extremely interesting show on A&E.


I don't know what it is about that show, but it's very addictive. Ironic, isn't it? It is sometimes painful and sad to watch...especially when, at the end of the show they report that the alcoholic/drug addict had a relapse, or is back in the same position they were in.

There was an episode on a while back about 2 brothers, Sebastian and Marcel, who were both addicted to heroin. For one reason or another, I find myself thinking about those boys alot. I pray for them and sincerely hope that they find Jesus Christ, and the hope and freedom that is found in Him!

It gets more and more real to me every time I watch it that, any one of us could be where they are. I am absolutely no better than any one of those people. Jesus loves them no less than He loves me, and paid the ultimate sacrifice on the cross just as much for them as He did for me.
I think, sometimes, as Christians who have never been in any type of situation like those people, it's hard for us to understand what they're going through.

I also believe that sometimes we let the thought enter our minds that we are somehow more favored by God. That is simply not true. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, and some of them are more physically damaging than others, but to God, sin is sin. period. No matter how small the sin, it is still a direct violation of God's law, and results in an eternal penalty. But in turn, there is also no sin too big for God to forgive. He will forgive if we just ask. What an amazing God we serve, huh?


I know all of this stuff is pretty obvious, but every time I watch this show, I'm reminded of it and just thought I would share it. :)



If only this show was Christian-based, and these people were given the Gospel, along with treatment. That would be AWESOME!



"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails