Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A White Christmas

...so white, infact, that we had to cancel a few of our plans...

We usually go out to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas Eve, along with their kids, my mom, my sisters, and their families. We all exchange white elephant gifts and play games and all that, but this year, we stayed at home due to the weather. My sisters and their families came over to our house instead, since we live pretty close to each other (my mom stayed at home with my grandma, who isn't doing well). We had all the yummy finger food we had already made, watched a few comedy routines from Brian Regan (so funny!), and played games. We had such a fun time together. My neices are all teenagers now, and while I'll admit that the teenage years aren't my cup of tea, I feel really close to all 3 of them, and I just really love talking to them. They are all sweet, beautiful girls, and it makes me look forward to my girls being teenagers. They are all hilarious too, which makes everything that much more fun! :)


I didn't take any pics while they were here, but after they left, we let the kids open their stockings and one gift.


Jett's stocking stuffers.










If I had known that Chloe would be so happy about some ring pops, I could've saved alot of money on presents! :)

Laney being goofy!

I had Jett all dressed up in his Christmas duds, so I took some time to take pictures of him.

Isaac giving him love!





Merry Christmas!!

Me and my sweet baby love

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas morning is usually spent at my mom's house with my sisters and their families, and a giant breakfast made up of eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, and biscuits and gravy! This year, the weather caused us to miss out on all this yummy food, and the fun time we have on Christmas morning together.
Instead, we woke up, and I figured we had been snowed in, so we went ahead and let the kids open all their presents from us. We usually go to my mom's first and let them open ours when we get back home, so they have time to play with them.

Here they are in the middle of gift-opening time.

His very first Christmas!!!


...and he slept right through it! :)



After we opened presents, I got out and shoveled our front walk (which eventually got covered again, since the snow decided to start up later), and my soon-to-be brother-in-law snow-blowed our driveway for us. My oldest sister got her "official" engagement on Christmas!!! Woohoo!!! Mike couldn't do any of it because of this. We were able to make it to my mom's and open her gifts and have our yummy ham dinner, but it was just our family there. My sisters and their families came later that night, after we had already gone home.

So, this Christmas was a bit different in our traditions, but it still has the same meaning that it always has. We have so much to be thankful for, and it's all because of HIM!

The first time that You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior, And the first breath that left Your lips did You know that it would change this world forever...
I celebrate the day that You were born to die so I could one day pray for You to save my life
~Relient K

1 comment:

Sheila said...

The pictures are so great!! You did such a good job {as always}. I love the one with Chloe looking at her ring pops, it's awesome! And who doesn't like a ring you can suck on? I wish daily mine was flavored green apple. :)
I hope you enjoy all that snow for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails