Tuesday, June 23, 2009

22 Weeks and a little something extra

How far along? 22 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Who knows...

Maternity clothes? They are a must now!

Stretch marks? No new ones yet...

Sleep: I've been having really annoying dreams. Not bad, not scary, just annoying.

Best moment this week: Celebrating Father's Day with my honey! :)

Movement: He's still movin' in there!

Food cravings: I haven't really been craving anything too much lately...

Gender: I'm assuming he's still a boy...should I just keep this answer every week? I'm pretty sure he won't morph into a girl! ;)

Labor Signs: None.

Belly button in or out? In...but it's stretching out.

What I miss: Having boobs that don't ache

What I am looking forward to: Shopping for his home coming outfit!

Weekly Wisdom: ?

Milestones: For the first time, he kicked me hard enough in the bladder to make me think I might wet myself...while sitting in church, of course. My kids think they're funny.




How your baby's growing:

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

I love going to youtube and watching videos of women giving birth. :) I can't help it, okay? I love the whole pregnancy/labor/birthing process...it's such a miracle. Anyway, so I figured I would post Isaac's birth on there. I'm not really that private when it comes to things like this, I just really love sharing my experiences! I posted it as a surprise birth, but since you read this, you obviously all know what I had. :P My mother-in-law recorded it...I was so happy that she was able to be here for it!! Mike (obviously), my mom, and my aunt were able to be in the room with me as well. It was amazing! It was probably the best labor and delivery I've had. If you are at all interested in watching it (it is just a little bit graphic...not too bad...), here ya go. By the way, if you watch it, you'll need to stop the music playing on the blog...


2 comments:

LaTisha said...

No offense, but that was kinda gross. I am very much convinced that I'm not ready to have children, and might not ever be! But I must say that it was quite beautiful to see you so happy. That was definitely worth it. Who knew that I would see my close friend's birth... I didn't know we were so close! Love you.

Janna said...

I haven't watched the video yet but I cry everytime on the baby stories on TV. I just can't help myself!!!

I like your Father's Day post too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails