Wednesday, June 10, 2009

20 weeks and the first belly pic!

How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: It's up to around 12 lbs. now. I really need to slow down on the sugar...

Maternity clothes? Definitely. I haven't even tried wearing my normal clothes.

Stretch marks? No new ones so far...that I can see, anyway.

Sleep: It's okay. I'm still waking up alot to use the restroom.

Best moment this week: Hearing his heartbeat (upper 140's) on Monday at my dr. appt...everything looks perfect! And she did move my due date to 10/27. I could end up having a November baby, or a Halloween baby!
And having Mike's parents here all week! The kids LOVE having their Ma-Maw and Pa-Pa here :)

Movement: I feel him alot in the morning and at night. All of my kids kicked the most around 10:30pm, and he's following the same pattern :)

Food cravings: I'm still craving a santa fe chicken salad from Applebee's...I never got one last week.

Gender: I'm assuming he's still a boy ;)

Labor Signs: None.

Belly button in or out? In

What I miss: Having energy! I feel more tired in the 2nd trimester than I did in the first! What the heck?!?

What I am looking forward to: 4th of July...yeah, it's not really pregnancy related, but it's my 2nd favorite holiday. Ya know...after Christmas, of course ;)

Weekly Wisdom: Kiss and hug your babies as much as you can while they will let you!

Milestones: We're half way!

Okay, so here's my 20 week belly picture. My head is a little cut off...Laney took the picture :)





How your baby's growing:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

1 comment:

Miss said...

FINALLY a picture!! =) You look great! the expression on your face cracks me up!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails