Friday, December 12, 2008

Our new dog!!

I guess I should start at the beginning of why we made this rash decision to get a puppy, seeing as how we have 4 kids...2 of whom aren't potty trained yet. (Yes, Elijah still isn't...that's a whole other story) Mike and I came to a decision last Saturday that we would postpone our Disneyworld trip till 2010. It just worked out better for us in many ways, but we're planning on going with Mike's side of the family, and the timing worked out better for them also. So since we aren't doing that for the kids next year, we thought it would be nice for them to have a puppy....I know, the logic may seem a little weird, but it makes sense in my mind. We've been wanting a boxer for a while, after our first boxer, Remi, got taken out of our backyard. She was the best dog ever! We still really miss her. We really wanted to go through a breeder, as that's how we got our first boxer and it's nice to be able to see the mother and father and get all of the info on their bloodlines and such. We came across this website and spoke with the family that runs it and set up a time to look at 2 of the females they had that were 7 weeks old. The one we picked was a little smaller than her sister, but she was the one the kids, or Laney and Chloe, fell in love with. She is a little sweetheart. We almost have her potty trained!!! or housebroke, or whatever. Her name is Lily. Me, Mike, Laney and Chloe all wrote down 2 names on paper, put them in a hat, and let Isaac pick one. Lily was one of the names Chloe had. I really wanted to name her Zoe, but we agreed that, no matter what, which ever name was picked, that was the one we were going with. So that's how we came about naming her Lily. It's cute and it fits her! :) She's so snuggly!!







Precious little face :)





And for memory's sake, here's a picture of our old dog Remi. She was the fawn color. Lily is brindle.


Remi and ELIJAH...that's how long ago we had her!!! Aww..I miss her!!!

2 comments:

LaTisha said...

I can't believe that you got a dog!!! That's so cool. I really want a dog. Hopefully by the end of January I can get one! BTW, I will be in KC from the 19th thru the 27th, so I need to come by and see you. Just to let you know, for my birthday we (my family and some friends) are gonna go out to eat at Jack Stack if you would like to come! Ok, this is a very long comment... if I don't see you for my birthday, I will definitely plan on seeing you sometime soon! Love ya!

MommaHarms said...

SHe is so, so cute! I have a fb friend that had two puppies stollen out of her yard just yesterday in Independence. That's just crazy! It ALMOST makes me want a puppy - but we already have two dogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails