Monday, June 27, 2011

Weigh loss update

I know I said I wouldn't be doing many updates on my weight loss journey, but, well, I lied.  :)  No, I'm only going to post about it every so often, and this is one of those times.
I've been doing Weight Watchers for 6 weeks now, and I'm happy to say that I'm down 14 pounds!!   My friends and family tell me that they can definitely tell I've lost, which of course, is awesome motivation to keep going.  I can tell myself, when I put my clothes on - they aren't as snug as they once were. :) 
The first few weeks, I was charted my food intake religiously, calculated everything I put in my mouth and how many WW points it was worth, and never went over my allotted daily points.  I need to start logging everything in again.  It really does help.  I've only missed 2 meetings, and I really hate when I do, not only because I don't get to weigh in, but because the meetings are so helpful and encouraging. 
I got some new tennis shoes (that actually fit and don't make my toes feel like someone's tearing them off), so I'll be starting the 30 day shred tonight.  After the Bachelorette, of course.  Don't judge.  :) 

Oh, and I bought a new swimsuit.  
Now if I could only get the courage to wear it out in public.

I've still got a ways to go, but knowing that I have a little bit behind me is nice.  And at least I know it's working!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you!! Losing weight is so hard and frustrating, I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. I can't wait to see your new slimmer look, which by the way, we want to come down. I have off for a couple weeks starting July 5 and we just spur of the moment decided to come to see you guys! Um, are you free? I tried to call but didn't get through, email me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails