Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Schedules

Is it just me, or whenever you see this word, do you also sound it out in your head like a British fellow...shedules.  
Anyone?  No?  Alright.

Anyway.
First of all, I want to say Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband.  He's the only man in the world I would want to be the father of my children, and I'm so happy he's mine.  I love you, honey!!  You're the best!!!  =)

On to more good stuff...

Mike's job is going great!  He comes home happier, less stressed, and earlier in the day.  But that's about to change.  Well, the earlier in the day part, anyway.  Starting next week, he will start working 4 days a week - 10 hour days.  So, instead of getting home at 4, he'll get home at 6.  Which, if there wasn't some sort of benefit to this, would totally suck.  But here's the awesome part.  Since there are 2 electrical/instrumentation techs at this plant (Mike being one of them, of course), they will switch back and forth from one of them working Mon-Thurs and the other will work Tues-Fri.  So, Mike will have 2 day weekends one week, and 4 day weekends the next.  They switch the on-call back and forth every week, so the weeks that he has 4 days off, the other technician will be on call.  So every other week, Mike will have 4 day weekends, without being on call...which is pretty much amazing!

I'm so thankful that God has blessed Mike with this job, and also, just the ability to work.  He's such a hard worker, and it's not just sitting at a desk type of work either.  I'm so happy I got a blue collared worker, they're way sexier, with their hard hats and tool belts. ;)  Sorry to my family that reads this.  haha.  =D
He got called in alot this past weekend, which kind of sucks, but at least he gets overtime for it.  He worked a total of 17 hours on Friday, and then to top off the weekend, on Father's Day, he got called in at 7am and didn't get home till 4.  He's an amazing man, and I wouldn't trade him for the world.  I love him more than life itself.  

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Yay more days off!!! Sweet! And yes I do say it that way. Makes it more fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails