Tuesday, September 15, 2009

34 weeks!

How far along? 34 weeks! 6 more weeks to go, people!!!

Total weight gain/loss: Still around 25lbs...I think I've lost a pound in the last month.

Maternity clothes? Yep

Stretch marks? Got 'em

Sleep: It varies...depending on how much I drink before I go to bed. Of course, I could drink nothing all day long and still wake up 3 times to use the bathroom. I've also been having some pretty odd dreams lately that wake me up and keep me up for a while.

Best moment this week: Getting to see my baby boy yesterday at my Dr. appt. She thought he may be breech, so she did an ultrasound, and thankfully, he's not. His head is down, it's just off to the side a little bit. It's so hard to make anything out on the u/s when they're this big...just the head takes up the whole screen :) I was able to make out his little nose and lips though...he's so sweet!

Movement: He's still moves constantly! And his movements are always in the lower part of my uterus and off to the left. When we did the u/s, we saw his little hands down there by his face. Although, at this very moment, he's kicking and it's at the top...so he's making a liar out of me. ;)

Food cravings: Again with the chocolate...

Gender: I'm assuming he's still a boy...should I just keep this answer every week? I'm pretty sure he won't morph into a girl! ;)

Labor Signs: I had 3 or 4 painful contractions last night while Mike and I were walking around CVS with the boys, waiting for the girls to get out of karate.

Belly button in or out? Flat

What I miss: Nothing

What I am looking forward to: My 29th birthday next Monday...which means Mike and I will probably get a date night this weekend!!! =)

Weekly wisdom: While I'm completely and totally excited to meet him, I'm trying to savor every moment I feel and watch him move. I know I'll miss it when he's here.

Milestones: Every day




Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails