Wednesday, April 11, 2012

5 down...none to go

Jett is potty trained.
Ahhhhh....
It's so nice to think about.  I've potty trained 5 kids.  Five.  And lived to tell the tale.
I guess it would be more rewarding if I'd had some sort of nightmarish experience with it, but alas, my kids made it SUPER easy on me.  They're kind of rockstars at the potty training.
I actually didn't even want to start potty training Jett, but the darn kid wouldn't leave his diaper on and he kept sitting on the toilet.  What's up with that?
So, I figured I should probably do something about it.
It took one day.
One. day.
He had two accidents the first day, and one the next and that was it.
When we're out and about, he tells me if he has to go and holds it till we get to the bathroom.
Rockstars, I tell ya.
He's still in a diaper at night and during nap time, but so far, he's always kept his diaper dry at nap time, and just this morning, he woke up with a dry diaper.  So hopefully, here in the next week or so, as long as he keeps waking up dry, we'll start putting him in underwear to sleep.
I can't imagine not buying diapers.  I think about how, for the past 10 and a half years, I have never gone one day without changing a diaper and it completely shocks me.  OVER A DECADE OF DIAPERS!
I'm a big kid now!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Parents like you are why parents like me sit in the corner in the fetal position and rock back and forth thinking of happy places that don't exsist. Potty training SUCKED for me. In every way that it can suck. It's only because I love you that I will not wish a curse of a thousand fleas to infest your nether regeions. Now go in peace.

lucy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails