Friday, April 27, 2012

My 2 happy places

My husband thinks I'm a lunatic.  He may be right.  You see, we were driving together tonight, and out of the blue I mentioned to him that I have 2 "happy places" my mind wanders to every once in a while.   You know, the whole "go to your happy place" thing?  Yeah, I have two.  Let me tell you about them.
The first is a little place called Disney World.  Have I ever mentioned that I could live in Disney World and never tire of it?  Well, I could.  I know, I'm a 5 year old.  Seriously though, it really is the happiest place on earth, as their slogan says.  I honestly don't know why I'm so obsessed with it.  I remember when I was around 10 years old,  a friend was showing me videos of when her family went on vacation there and I fell in love.  Really.  Every single time I went to her house, I would always ask her if we could watch the Disney World video.  I'm totally not kidding.  I was obsessed with all things Disney growing up.  My first visit to Disney World was when I was 16.  My best friend's grandparents stayed on the Air Force base for about 6 or 7 months out of the year, so we were able to stay with them for a week during Spring break.  While we were there, we drove to Orlando for the day and went to the Magic Kingdom.  1st Happy Place discovered.  There are 4 main parks (along with many hotels and such) that make up Disney World - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. (That's for those of you who aren't familiar with Disney World, and if you're not familiar with all things Disney World, 1-get familiar with it, 2-please, please, please plan a trip there at least once in your life, 3- please, please, please take me with you.)  So, it came as no surprise to my mother when Mike and I chose Disney World for our honeymoon.  The fact that Mike's family knew someone that worked there and could get us awesome deals may have had a little to do with it.  So far, we've been there 3 times since we've been married, and we plan to go back, possibly next year.  



Happy place number 2 is the hospital delivery room.  I don't know what it is about giving birth, but I truly, truly love it.  If you're trying to tell me I'm crazy through your computer screen, I understand.  It's definitely not the first time I've heard it.  Yes, I have had a baby all natural (not by my choice...the epidural catheter fell out of my back and no one discovered that minor little flaw until after I had blood-curdling-screamed my baby out of me).  I really think it's that amazing feeling of meeting your baby for the first time.  Maybe it's being waited on hand and foot for 3 days straight, I dunno, there's something about it that I just love.  


So here's what I figure - my ULTIMATE happy place would be to give birth in Disney World.  
Hello?!?!?  
Does it get any better than that?!
 Nope.  No, it doesn't.  


Mike's right, huh?  Maybe I should see someone about this.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails