I don't actually like Fall. I know, I know...it's probably 95% of the population's favorite season. Not me. It might actually be my worst. Okay...I liked Fall last year, because Jett was due, and 2 years before that, Isaac was due in the Fall, so I probably liked it then too, but every other year? nope. I'll tell you why.
1. Summer is my favorite time of year. When does Fall come? Right when Summer is over. the end of summer. dead. done. me=sad
2. There are no fun holidays in Fall (and don't say Thanksgiving...that's just work work work and then gain weight) And Halloween isn't really all that fun for me anymore. I have 5 kids to dress up and walk up and down the street with and feel the aftermath of 15 tons of candy in my house getting eaten by said children...get my drift?
3. I hate cold weather, and Fall just ushers it right on in. It's like the time I start dreading cold weather.
4. The weather is all wonky. Hot. cold. hot. medium. cold. medium. hot... Aagggghhh....make up your mind already!!! Do I leave the kids' summer clothes out for the days it decides to be like, oh, 85ish degrees? Or should I pack them up and just let my kids smother in their winter clothes on those days? Which is it?
Okay, so those are all stupid reasons...but Fall really is probably my worst season.
It goes -
1. Summer = swimming, 4th of July, summer break, barbecues, watermelon, bare feet.
2. Spring = Easter, it starts to get warmer, it's almost Summer :), flowers
3. Winter = Christmas. that's about it.
4. Fall = meh.
So okay, I don't have seasonal depression or anything. I know, it may sound that way, but I don't. ;) Honestly, I'm happy to be in any season, as long as I've got my family here with me. =)
Anywhoo, I guess I'm obliged to say it even though it's over a month late: Happy Fall Y'all!