Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father

As I sit here trying to think of something to write about my father, the only thing that comes to my mind is how amazing my own husband is to my kids.  Last year, I wrote a post that included things about my dad, and his role in my life.  This year, I can't help but think that God has just blessed me so much with a husband that loves his children from the bottom of his heart.  He gives, and loves, and supports, and snuggles, and teaches, and encourages, and directs, and just fills the roll of dad for our kids like it was what he was put on earth to do.  I love him more every day.

To Mike,
thank you for being such an amazing dad to our babies. The kind of dad I always dreamed of.
Our children are very blessed to have you!
As am I!
I love you honey!


And to my amazing father-in-law,
thank you for being such a wonderful father to Mike.  He learned from the best!  I love you!

(Jett in the arms of his wonderful Pa-Pa)

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.
~Unknown

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful!! Yes, Mike is such a wonderful father and his love for his kids is so very obvious on his face, they are so blessed to have him! Your girls will learn what it means to be a husband and father when they are choosing a man and your boys will learn how to be a man. I love you guys!! Happy Father's day Mike!

Angel :) said...

This was such a well written post. :) Happy fathers day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails