Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 7: Blueberry

Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about 100 new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

Still no morning sickness!! It's good, but it also makes me a little concerned. I know that having morning sickness is a sign that your pregnancy is going well. I realize that not having it doesn't mean that something is wrong, but you know how your mind wanders...

Mike and I had a fabulous weekend! My mom came to our house and stayed the night on Friday so that Mike and I could stay at a hotel Friday night and go to a marriage conference on Saturday at our church. Our hotel was super nice, and it was so relaxing not having to worry about who to feed and who to bathe and what fight to break up. My mom is so wonderful! I don't know what I would do without her! She offered to pay for our hotel, but there is no way I could let her...I mean staying with our kids is definitely enough! :) The marriage conference on Saturday was amazing! It was a live simulcast from Focus on the Family featuring so many great speakers...Gary Smalley, John Trent, Beth Moore (who doesn't love her?), Gary Thomas, and Dell Tackett. Jeremy Camp was the worship leader. It was so good!!! I took so much away from it, and my prayer is that our marriage will continue to thrive with God at the center!

One of the things we had to do while we were there was to get in groups of 3 with people whom we had never met before, and pretty much tell them our whole life story. Mike said that one of the guys he was with had been married for about 5 months, and his wife had a 5 year old from a previous marriage and he was having a hard time trying to have a relationship with this kid, and it was hurting his marriage. He said that he got a text on his phone from Focus on the Family about the marriage seminar and they decided to go. He also said that he had never stepped foot inside a church before, and after being there and listening to the speakers, he and his wife had decided to come to church the next day. On Sunday, during the alter call, we were singing and Mike pointed out a guy walking down the isle and said that it was that guy he had met the day before! I just though I'd share that, because it encouraged me so much! God is so amazing!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails