Many people have asked me if Isaac will be our last baby and I've always answered with a definite "Oh yeah". But for the past month or so I've been having thoughts (that I've been calling "moments of insanity") about possibly having another one. I know everyone is like, *gasp*, are you out of your ever-loving mind??? But, I've been rationally thinking through this...no, really. So since this blog thing is kinda like my journal, I'm gonna put down here everything I've been thinking. Bear with me please.
Okay, so yeah, 5 kids is alot, but if you think about it, people back in the old days had that many all the time and they got by...even without the modern conveniences we all so totally enjoy! I don't feel like I'm losing my mind yet with 4, so really, what's one more?? Of course, I have those days when I wanna pull my hair out, but who doesn't? Even moms with one or two? And I always get by. I love my kids more than I could ever even try to explain, and God has blessed us, honestly, more than I could ever even imagine...times a million! Mike is on board either way. He's the best husband a girl could ask for. I love his guts! :) Really, I don't know what I would do without him...he truly is my best friend!!! I guess I could put this into a pros and cons type of thing. Yeah, lets do that...
1. Another baby = more money (duh)
2. We live in a 3 bedroom house. Where would we put this kid?...in the broom closet? under the stairs? in the garage?
3. College costs...oh my...
4. I wouldn't be able to go back to school as soon as I would like to (no, we're not thinking about trying for one right now, but I was planning on going back for my nursing degree in a few years...when we would be trying, or already pregnant)
5. I would never hear the end of it from people..."you have 5 kids??" "Can you count??" (yes, I've already heard that one) "You guys know what causes that, right??" (a favorite by many...and they all think they're the first to say it, and that they're so incredibly funny.) "Wow, you're busy!" (I'm thinking, right, and you're not?...how am I supposed to respond to this?) And my personal favorite... "Are they all yours???" ...uh, no, we just picked some of them up off the street. What? They looked so helpless. moron....sorry, I just can't stand when people ask me that, it irks me...
6. Oh the fights...
7. I would be most likely be in my 30's by the time it was born (I know, 30 isn't old...this is just a stupid reason. I'd delete it, but...I'm not going to...
8. We'd be a family of 7. Like, "Hall, party of 7, your table's ready" Yeah, that would just be our immediate family...we'd almost be to the point where they would automatically add the 18% gratuity to the bill.
Okay, that's pretty much all the cons.
1. Another baby!!! YAY!!! Oh the cuteness :)
2.We'd make room for this one. What are bunk beds for anyway, right?
3. I really want another one!
4. What's stopping me from being a pregnant college student??
5. Another deducton on our taxes. Oh yeah!!
6. I could show everyone that thinks I'm crazy that it's OKAY to have a large family, after all, what else is life for?? Obviously, other than serving our totally awsome God!!?? You can't take earthly possessions to heaven with you, but you can teach your kids about salvation!
7. Raising another little life to love and serve our Lord!!
8. The last one counts for 2 :)
9. I could use my other names that I really love!
10. We'd break the boy/girl tie we're sporting right now
Well, there we have it. Pros wins. I don't know if that means it's set in stone that we'll have one more or not, but I just wanted to get all these thoughts on paper (read: computer screen)
I was scheduled to have my tubes tied on November 12th of last year and couldn't bring myself to do it. Does that mean anything? Probably not, but there it is.
Okay, I'm done. Like I said before, if we do decide to have one more, it won't be for a couple of years, so don't expect any announcements any time soon :) Unless something happens and we have another surprise! It's been known to happen with us...that's how we have 3 out of 4 now! Laney, Elijah and Isaac....it was Chloe we tried for :D I just want to say one more thing. We are praying about this and we have dedicated all of our kids back to Christ, so we just want His will to be done in their lives and any other little lives that may come along. I'm totally confident that He knows what He's doing!