Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Small World

A while back, I set up a dr. appt. for Elijah.  When I was speaking with the receptionist, I told her I would take the first available, and that it didn't matter which doctor in the practice he saw.  She told me that her first available was with Dr. James, so I took it.  I've never seen this doctor in the practice, but I like all the other doctors there, so I wasn't too concerned. 

We arrived at the doctor's office, and got called back to the exam room.  I glance up as the doctor walks in and says to us "Hi, I'm Dr. James", and immediately notice that I know this woman!  "Oh my goodness!!  Liz!!!  We went to high school together!"  She starts smiling, and says "Sarah!?!?!  How are you?"  I couldn't believe it!  I haven't seen her in probably 12 years!  I had heard through the grapevine that she was a doctor, but I didn't know where she worked or in what her specialty (is that what it's called?) was.  It never even occurred to me when I made the appt. with Dr. James, that it would be her!   So, now my children's doctor is one of my good friends from high school!  Crazy!  I guess I'll be asking for her when I make all of their future appointments!!! :) 

2 comments:

Sheila said...

So cool! When this happens to me my first thought is "what the heck have I been doing with my life?" Ha!
So fun that you know her!

MommaHarms said...

how fun! Please tell her I said hello. Janna (Bennett) had the same experience!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails