Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

We're finally coming into some sort of regularity as a family, after weeks of praying (and preparing) for Mike to get this new job, having odd schedules, and just kind of trying to wade through the unknown.  I feel like I have been doing what it takes to just get by these last few weeks, and it's nice to get back to some familiarity.  We still have a few days at the end of next week, when Mike will be out of town, that will be more difficult days than most, but I can't complain about it at all.  This is what we prayed for.  We've been hoping that Mike could get with a company that was very secure financially and that had great benefits and all that fun stuff, and it has happened.  Mike is very excited about this new opportunity, as he will be learning so much more at this new job.  It's so good for his career, for now and in the future.

I'm fearing that Jett may be a late talker, like Elijah was.  He only repeats a few words - ma-ma, da-da, ball (ba), teeth (tees), hi, and he makes some animal noises.  EVERYTHING he says ends in this weird "slsshss" sound.  I can't quite describe it, but it is definitely Jett's trademark sound.  Everyone comments on it when they hear him babble.  They comment on that and his BLONDE hair. :) 
Okay, I just made a video so you could hear him. :)   (and please excuse the fact that I look like crap..)


The older boys have both been sick lately.  Elijah had an earache and a sore throat last week, and Isaac started complaining of a headache and stomach ache a couple days ago.  I took him to urgent care, and the doctor looked at him for literally 30 seconds and told me he had strep throat.  Didn't do a throat culture or anything.  Trying to rush through our patients, are we?  Anyway, he's feeling much better, so all's good.  :)

We started going to one of our church's small groups, and I love it!!!   I'm so excited to develop these new friendships! But the most exciting thing that happened all week....

We got new tires on our van!!! Yay! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails