Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas weekend wrap-up

We had a wonderful Christmas!!! 

Friday night, my whole family came to our house for our annual Christmas Eve game/snack night.  We ate so much junk, played spoons, Mafia, and had a white elephant gift exchange.  It's always so much fun to have the whole family together!
The only thing that was missing was being with our other family.  We always miss Mike's parents and sisters when we can't be with them for the holidays!  They are so much fun, and they're better game players. :) 
Christmas morning, we got the kids up a little before 7, and let them open their presents.  They got to play with them for a little while, and then we were off to my mom's for our Christmas breakfast.  Our family, along with my 2 sisters and their families all open gifts from my mom, and she cooks us a huge biscuit/gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage casserole, quiche breakfast.  It's yum!  We then went to my sister's house later that day for Christmas dinner.

I'm worn to a frazzle, the kids are dragging, and we're overwhelmed with how much STUFF they have.  Mike's parents and my mom always give so much to us for Christmas, and while we know that getting things isn't what Christmas is about, I know it brings them joy to be able to give us such a nice Christmas.  We're so blessed to have such wonderful, Godly parents. 

The real reason we have Christmas is all because of Jesus Christ.   It's all about Him!   One of my most favorite Christmas songs is "I Celebrate the Day" by Relient K.   If you've never heard the song, here are the lyrics.  I LOVE IT!

And with this Christmas wish is missed
The point I could convey
If only I could find the words to say to let You know how much You've touched my life
Because here is where You're finding me, in the exact same place as New Year's eve
And from a lack of my persistency
We're less than half as close as I want to be


And the first time
That You opened Your eyes did You realize that You would be my Savior
And the first breath that left Your lips
Did You know that it would change this world forever


And so this Christmas I'll compare the things I felt in prior years
To what this midnight made so clear
That You have come to meet me here


To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me
In the hope that what You did
That you were born so I might [really] live
To look back and think that
This baby would one day save me


And I, I celebrate the day
That You were born to die
So I could one day pray for You to save my life.


I would post the pictures, but there were over 300 of them I had to go through, edit and add to facebook.  The album is here, if you'd like to see the Christmas pics.

1 comment:

Neha said...

Wow...seems like real fun and it must be wonderful for the kids too! Wish you more happiness and love this coming year! God bless

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails