Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Fun

Alternately titled, "Pictures. Loads and loads of pictures."

Trimming the Tree:




{Chloe's first Christmas ornament from way back in 2003!!}

{Laney and her first Christmas ornament -- 2001.  geez.  They're getting too big!}


Annual trip to Crown Center's Crayola land:



{this picture makes me laugh}




{Little story behind this picture:  At the end of the play area, you can meet Santa and have your picture taken with him.  We usually take the picture at the end, but it's not the reason we go...the kids just like to play. Our kids don't believe in Santa, so it's not a big deal if they see him or not.  Not that I think there's anything wrong with doing the whole Santa thing...we just feel it's the best choice for us.  Anyway, we asked the girls if they wanted their picture with Santa, and Laney said she definitely did not.  Chloe was in her own little world (go figure), and she didn't care.  Then I asked the boys.  Isaac was kinda iffy about it, but Elijah definitely, absolutely, for sure did NOT want to!  He said "Mommy, I do not want to sit on his lap.  I have enough presents under the tree.  I don't need anymore."  I didn't even know he knew what Santa was all about, but apparently he does.  :)  So anyway, they, meaning Laney, Chloe and Isaac, looked at the mechanical Santa and we were on our way.  the end.}

{Dinner at Fritz's}







{My mom with the kids}



{Mayor's Christmas tree}


{Cute gingerbread village...most of it is actually edible.}


Making Christmas cookies:








Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Neha said...

Loved all the pictures. Those cookies look yum and the children adorable!

MommaHarms said...

Great Pictures. Megan was looking at them with me, and when I got to the one of Laney going down the slide on her tummy, she started yelling "MOVE!" apparently she thought that Elijah at the bottom was going to get clobbered. Now she is crying because I took the picture away.

Sheila said...

I think my heart just swelled five sizes and exploded. I miss them so much! Then you hit me with that last picture and almost made me cry! Give them hugs for me! Man I love those kids. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails