Thursday, April 1, 2010

4 down. 1 to go.

Isaac is potty trained!!!


My kids are so awesome when it comes to potty training! I'm not kidding. Laney was trained in 1 day. Literally, 1 day. I took her diaper off one morning, put big girl underwear on her (none of that silly pull-up stuff) and she never had an accident. She was even sleeping in underwear from day 1, and never wet the bed. I'm totally serious. Chloe was the most difficult one (there goes the theory that girls are easier)...but she still learned pretty quickly. I think it took her about 3 or 4 days to fully get it. Elijah learned in about 1 day, and now Isaac. To be honest, I thought he would be the toughest. At first, when I would ask him if he wanted to pee-pee in the potty, he would give me a definite "NO!" But once he realized that it was fun to be rewarded with Toy Story stickers and M&M's, he was down with it. Since Monday, he has only had about 3 accidents, and those were when he got to the potty a little too late. He's almost a full year younger than Elijah was when he was potty trained, but he talks way better than Elijah did, and I knew he would understand it.


Aaaahhhh.... It's so nice to think that we have 4 down and only 1 to go! I can't believe we've potty trained 4 kids! It's probably the thing that parents of toddlers dread the most, and my kids have made it so easy on me!


If there is one piece of advice I would give to parents when it comes to potty training, it would be to never ever use pull-ups. I don't get why so many people like them. I mean, I get that they are obviously not as messy as regular underwear, but it feels like a diaper! How is your kid going to realize they're going in their pants when it feels like a diaper?!?


I tried them with Elijah, thinking that maybe I was overlooking something good about them when I didn't use them with the girls, but no. They didn't work for him. Underwear works the best...every time!


Also, I would suggest not starting until you are sure they are ready. If they're not ready, it's just going to frustrate you and them, and it will just make it that much harder.


Anyway, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't have pictures to commemorate this occasion? What, a normal one? ;)



Baby legs work great! Especially if it's cold and you don't want to put pants on them.


I'm so proud of how well he's doing! He's a big boy now!



“A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.”
~Dave Barry

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Okay, I'm beyond super jelouse! It was a nightmare for me and half the world's population, but I'm glad it went well for you. *coughmayyouhavehorribleteenagerscough* Just kidding!

Janna said...

Oh how I love your photos!!!!!!!

Neha said...

Lovely pictures...and you have very adorable and disciplined children....congrats!!! :)

Janna said...

Yay for you! and I agree about pull ups. It's just a total money maker for the diaper dudes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails