Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring, is that you?!

Oh my, have I been waiting for this...temperatures that reach all the way up to the 50's! Can you believe it? Spring is coming...I can smell it!

My kids have been dying to get outside, and while, yes, playing in the snow in the blistering cold can be fun (for some...not me), it tends to get a little old after 4 years of it! or is that 4 months?...it just seems like it's been winter FOREVER!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I HATE WINTER! What kind of sick person actually likes being frost bit, likes the gray, depressing sky, likes the feeling of 2,000 knives stabbing you when you step out into below freezing temperatures, likes the sun to go down at like, what...4:30pm?? I mean, come on, what kind of sicko is that?

Oh yeah...that's my husband. I don't understand it, but to each his own, right?



We were able to take the kids to the zoo this past weekend, and they were so happy to be outside. I don't think they even cared where we were...just that we were outside. In fact, I think Sunday may have been the first time that Jett has ever felt the sunlight on his face. He's not a fan. yet. I'll change that. believe you me.

So here's the pictures of the zoo. If you're a friend on facebook, you've already seen these. But if you want to look at them again, that's fine with me. if not, that's fine too. either way. :)

The girls on the carousel. Laney insisted on wearing these giraffe sunglasses she won at some school function they had.





Isaac on the train






This may be the only reason Elijah likes the zoo. I'm not even sure he's aware there are animals there.


And just like the sun, Jett's not a fan of the trains either.


Isaac checkin' out the ladies while waiting for the tram.


I LOVE the lions!!! (and the monkeys, but we didn't see any. I guess I'll just have to settle for the ones we have at home)








I turned around as we were about to pull out of our parking space, and this is how Isaac was. He was worn out! I had joked with Mike right before we left the zoo that Isaac would be asleep before we got out of the parking lot. He did me one even better! :)

Hopefully Spring stays around, because we LOVE us some sun around here!!!




Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.
~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Sweet babies!! I miss them! Great pics! And I won't even tell you the temp here.
coughits77cough. Ahem. Sorry.

Neha said...

You have beautiful children! God bless them.
And yes, I love Spring too and it's Spring time in India. The trees and flowers are at their best just now! We don't get Snow in Winters, through it's biting cold; nevertheless, I love Winters too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails