Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Stinkin' Valentine's Day

Well, I don't know how I do it, but I manage to get sick only on holidays. I swear. It's totally ridiculous. and you know what else is ridiculous? The fact that I had to spell check ridiculous.


Anyway. So the night before V-Day, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and figured, hey, why not...I mean it is a holiday, right? I was pretty sick to my stomach all day, so we stayed home from church with the boys (the girls stayed the night at my mom's and went with her) and Mike picked up the house for me...which was part of my V-day present. He also got me a beautiful Willow Tree figure...like this.
And the cutest thing he did? He wrapped up Reese's peanut butter cups with little love notes, and placed them all around the house for me to find. =) I LOVE that man! I have yet to get his present...can I use the excuse that I can't find it anywhere?...I mean, you know, the one store I've looked.

We also went out to eat the night before to have some time together, so that was nice. At least we got to do something with each other. With no kids.


I think this is the first year we have actually bought anything for the kids for Valentine's day. We let them open it on Friday night, and it was a good thing we did, because the stomach virus was on its way into our house with a vengeance.



Sunday night, Mike and Laney both started feeling sick, and all that night into Monday morning, Laney was awake with a tummy ache. Isaac woke up early on Monday morning and threw up, Elijah started having diarrhea, I was feeling the lingering effects of it, and Mike was still feeling pretty sick, so he stayed home from work. Luckily the girls had Monday and Tuesday off, because Chloe started getting it Tuesday morning.
But thank goodness everyone is feeling great today, and we're back to our regular scheduled programming. :) Praise the Lord that Jett was spared from it all!

So that's the story of our fantastic holiday weekend.
The end.



When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm sorry!! At least you were able to have a date before the craziness set in and what a sweet guy! I'd like to take this moment to take credit for training him well. I am his sister after all. So i'm almost sure I must have had some influence on him. Way to go Mike!! Love you guys

Miss said...

your title made me laugh out loud! =) hahaha

sorry you are sick =(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails